Ein dual wields blades to block the attack!
will this comic be like wicked wickle? 2-3 panel comics a week?
Yeah, I’ve been feel the same way.
Nice art. Want more plot. Some context would be nice too. Not sure what’s going on. Are we still at the beginning of the story?
The ninja doing ninja stuff!
In my head his swords are also making woosh-ing sounds, so the sound effects are all going “Wu-Tang Wu-Tang Wu-Tang Wu-Tang”
Ok I’m convinced this is the new Wicked Wickle. They both were on a Wednesday and they both take 1-3 weeks to make a few panels that advances the plot at a DBZ pace.
- If your comic needs a description to explain what happens in the panels, there might be something wrong with it.
- Fight sequences do not much to advance the plot. Spinning them out for weeks feels like a waste of time.
- Actually, I’m still not sure what happens in this strip. Bean concentrates and lets out a fart?
- Our Heroes is probably the most interesting ongoing story on Dumm. Others have varying degrees of success. What Our Heroes gets right is that it offers a large amount of panels and dialogue each week. Each installment is really meaty. Wicked Wickle started with these kind of substantive updates, then dwindled down to maybe three panels a week in an ongoing boring fight sequence. If – no doubt for valid reasons – four panels is your maximum, then maybe you’re better off offering short gags.
- Colours on this comic are great! Artwork is nice, but I don’t care for the stick arms & ball fists. The story doesn’t do much for me.
- Bean gasps without opening his mouth. Gasping does not work that way. Ideally, the gasp should be clear even without the sound effect.
- The nicest advice I can offer is: Maybe find someone to write / rewrite your stories. Not every artist is also a great story-teller. There’s no shame in that. No doubt you have lots of admiring & supportive colleagues who are willing to help you out on this. You might learn faster that way.
- I was very critical (but also admiring) of your Oranges page. In retrospect, this might be the kind of gag that I like best in your comic. (Ignoring the fact that EIN is a gaming comic & will be predominantly about gaming.) Also, colours on that page are splendid! Best of luck on your projects!
I also liked the puzzles you offered in one or two of your pages. This is fairly unique on Dumm & an excellent idea for a gaming comic. (Skadi did a fake kid’s magazine with puzzles, but EIN was first.)
This comic is boring as shit, WW mode confirmed.
^ Observe that this is the only openly negative comment on this thread. Others are positive or neutral / factual.
Really diggin’ the colors in the first three panels!
A good idea is to have a minimum amount of development per strip or a maximum length for fight sequences (say 4 strips max)
NAME — Get a Gravatar
NOTE - You can use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>
Powered by WordPress with ComicPress
|Back to Top ↑